Oil & Gas
The global increase in demand for oil and gas has precipitated a major exploration push, strained production operations, exceeded refining capacity and challenged all of the various transportation and distribution channels.
This strain on the industry has particularly overburdened the workforce, which is working around-the-clock and struggling to keep up. As a result the industry has put in place new ANSI standards for developing and implementing a Developing Fatigue Risk Management Systems (ANSI/API RP 755-2010).
How CIRCADIAN can help you
- Fatigue Risk Assessment. Understand the potential costs, risks and liabilities created by staffing levels, work loads and overall policies and procedures pertaining to this unique 24/7 industry.
- Fatigue Risk Management Systems (ANSI/API RP 755-2010). Develop and implement comprehensive fatigue risk systems that will meet the new ANSI standards. Our programs will map out the course of action to maintain high safety standards while reducing costs associated with fatigue-related errors and incidents.
- Shift Schedule Optimization. A unique approach to involve all concerned in designing the best schedule for the specific requirements of each workforce in each facility.
- Staffing Level Analyses. Scientific review of optimal employee deployment considering job requirements, length of operating campaigns, skill sets, financial constraints and human design characteristics and limitations.
- Training: Managing a Shiftwork Lifestyle. A means of providing the shiftworkers and their families with a useable understanding of how the body functions in a 24/7 world and to provide proven tips and countermeasures to get the most out of life.
- Journey Management Programs. These programs evaluate and make recommendations regarding: Travel schedules and type of transportation; Quality of accommodations during layovers; Employee behavior before, during, and after traveling (sleep, meals, etc).
- Sleep Disorders Screening. Many health care costs are dramatically increased due to untreated sleep disorders. CIRCADIAN offers screening and treatment programs that will guide shiftworkers and employers through the process.
- 24/7 Workplace Evaluation and Design. By incorporating specific design features, including lighting, sound, temperature, and ergonomic principles into your facility, employee alertness can be maximized at any time of the day or night.
- Employee Publications. For your managers and employees to perform their best, they must have the right information at their fingertips. Whether a monthly newsletter for shiftworkers or a management report on best practices, educating your people will allow them to perform better and be more productive.
- Long journeys/commutes to/from the worksites
- Increased difficulty/costs in accessing harder to reach oil and gas fields
- Harsh working environments
- Increased trucking and shipping risks
- Difficulty hiring, training, and retention
- Increased safety incidents