Media & Communications
We demand protection, help and information 24/7, and the service industries provide it around the clock. But directly servicing people and their needs around-the-clock is a high stress, high demand job where employee fatigue can undermine the mission performance expectations.
- Unpredictable workload. Particularly for troubleshooting crews and technicians, the unpredictable workload can be very challenging when trying to meet customer needs.
- Variable workload. The customer support area of media and communications has a highly variable workload that is largely determined by call volume. Unfortunately, the call volume doesn’t often match with the individual shiftworker’s preference for work hours.
- Inefficient scheduling. Trying to match shiftworker preferences with the demand for work often leads to schedules that meet neither employee concerns nor business needs. This often translates to higher overtime and turnover.
- Low morale. Poor work schedules and irregular work hours can lead to resentment and low morale.
How CIRCADIAN can help you
- Staffing level analysis. Using advanced analysis techniques, CIRCADIAN can identify the optimal staffing levels for your operation taking into account the fluctuations in demand that are inherent in the communications industry.
- Shift schedule optimization. CIRCADIAN works with both managers and employees to identify a set of ideal schedule solutions to meet business and family/social needs.
- Fatigue risk management systems. Comprehensive fatigue management programs will map out the course of action to maintain high safety standards while reducing costs associated with fatigue-related errors and incidents.
- Managing a shiftwork lifestyle. These programs assist shiftworkers with managing their personal health, which will help minimize healthcare costs as well as turnover and absenteeism.